Thursday, April 26, 2012

Obligatory Introductory Post

Hi.  Welcome to the new blog.

Inspired by my friend Cole, who writes the interesting and insightful vitagraph, american, I decided to start this blog.  Mostly, it's part of a project I'm starting that I've decided to call Operation: Conquer the Netflix Queue.  As you probably know, from January 2009 until December 2011, I was a graduate student at St. Edward's University.  In 2010, I started Last Act Theatre Company with some friends, and have been working almost constantly (or so it seems) on some project associated with that since.  So, I don't actually spend much time at home watching movies.  But whenever I hear of something interesting, I add it to my Netflix queue, if it's available.  As a result, my streaming and dvd queues combined now contain roughly 700 films.  I figure it's time to start watching some of these movies.  So, that's what I'm going to do.  The goal is to watch one per day, in the order in which they were added to the queue, and then post something about it.  I make no promises, though.  Some of them will be great.  Some of them will probably be terrible.  I think it will be fun.

In addition to that, I'll also write about movies I go see in theaters or plays I watch, especially if one of those things prevents me from working on Operation: Conquer the Netflix Queue.

I hope you enjoy reading it.  Feel free to leave comments/send emails or ask me questions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment